Wednesday 8 August 2012

2 weeks away from the allotment

Off to France shortly for a well earned break. I expect the plot to continue to grow wildly in the warm August sun whilst I'm away. Popped down tonight:

- Picked a big bag of peas. The girls can pod them tomorrow and we'll freeze them.
- Picked some baby runner beans to drop into a spag bol tomorrow.
- Purple French beans, borlotto and runner beans about 1 week away from harvesting - there will be plenty to pick on my return!
- Potatoes have blight so need to get them up and make sure I do not put th leaves onto the compost as it spreads the blight according to my neighbour.
- Squashes, sweet corn, turnips, calabrese, carrots, leeks all doing really well.

Really long calibra peas pic below along with a lovely fresh pea, courgette and mint risotto I created the other night.

Back at the end of the month to the jungle!

No comments:

Post a Comment